Educare I and II Preschool Programs
Educare Preschool ProgramsWe strive to provide young children with responsive and nurturing care, respect, and individualized learning opportunities, all within a high-quality and inclusive setting. Our goal is to work collaboratively with each family and to help each child grow, develop, and achieve their fullest potential.
CurriculumThis program is overseen by two faculty supervisors: Drs. Claudia Dozier and Kelley Harrison and the program coordinator, Erin Herschell. The program is staffed by student teachers who are working toward a degree in Applied Behavioral Science. A full-time lead teacher and graduate students directly supervise undergraduate student teachers working in the program.
Educare's teachers and staff work to create an atmosphere in which children are eager to learn. Goals and objectives are identified for each child and activities are planned that promote gains in all developmental areas. The curriculum provides children with opportunities to work on large movement, small movement, social-emotional, language, literacy, science, art, technology, concept formation, and self-help skills. Children learn to express their curiosity, problem-solve, practice, and work cooperatively with others through activities based on play and hands-on involvement.
- Enrollment for children ages 2 ½ through 7 years
- A full-day inclusive preschool program (i.e., typically developing preschoolers, preschoolers with diverse abilities, developmental disabilities, language and cultural differences, or who are at-risk for behavioral problems)
- A focus on learning through play and exploration, center activities, circle times, and routines such as snack and meal times
- An environment that promotes the acquisition of social and friendship skills, pre-academic skills, and independent self-care skills
- An environment that fosters an active approach to challenging prejudice, stereotyping, and bias through teaching inclusion and anti-bias behavior
We operate from 7:45 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Our program follows the university semester schedule and is closed during fall and spring breaks, intersessions, and all university holidays.
Tuition fees may vary. For additional information, please contact the program coordinator at: email@example.com or 785-864-3498.