Undergraduate Speciality Area(s)
- Early Childhood Education and Intervention
- Early Childhood Autism Intervention
- Early Childhood Research
Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
- ABSC 308 Research Methods and Application
- ABSC 677 Practicum in Preschool Education and Intervention I
- ABSC 678 Practicum in Preschool Education and Intervention II
- ABSC 679 Practicum in Behavior-Analytic Research in Early Childhood Intervention
- ABSC 680 Practicum in Early Childhood Autism Intervention
- ABSC 469/893 Designing Early Childhood Autism Environments
- ABSC 890 Seminar in Behavior Analysis in Developmental Disabilities
- ABSC 805 Functional Behavioral Assessment
My students and I conduct applied research at the Edna A. Hill Child Development Center on KU campus. My research interests are in applied behavior analysis and early childhood education and intervention for children with and without developmental disabilities. Specifically, I am interested in the assessment and treatment of inappropriate behavior (e.g., aggression, property destruction, self-injury, stereotypy, noncompliance), evaluation of procedures to increase appropriate behavior (e.g., language and communication skills, social interaction skills, self-help skills, academic skills), and determination of variables that may affect preference and reinforcer efficacy.
Students interested in pursuing applied research careers in behavior analysis and/or early childhood education are encouraged to contact Dr. Dozier via e-mail.
Service and Professional Interests
I serve on the editorial boards of the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis and Behavior Analysis in Practice. In addition, I serve as a guest Associate Editor for the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis. I have also been asked to provide guest editorial reviews for Education and Treatment of Children, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities, Exceptional Children, and Teaching of Psychology.
Currently, I am a member of the Kansas Center for Autism Research and Training (KCART)/Life Span Institute (LSI) Task Force. In addition, my students and I provide training and clinical services through KCART. Finally, I am the founder of the Functional Analysis Clinic for Children with Problem Behavior.